- Signly conceived by Mark Applin with Deafax, our founding partner.
- Research into the marketplace reveals no comparable app.
- Early prototypes are built in-house, tested and validated. The tech works.
- Signly is deployed by Roald Dahl Museum and Storytelling Centre. Testing by d/Deaf groups and schools enables us to hone the style of signing, placement of Signposts and length of signed content. The app launches to rave reviews.
- BBC cover Signly on breakfast TV.
- Due to TV coverage, word spreads fast.
- Signly enters into discussions with early adopters Lloyds and LOROL. Internal trials and research commence. User feedback in a lab environment enable tweaks to the Signly experience.
- Network Rail adopt Signly for their Level Crossing safety campaigns.
- Our devs continue to develop the offer. Signly is now a robust framework, not just a concept.
- Signly starts to build partnerships and think about scaling the platform into different sectors.
- Plans for a global version of the product take shape.
- Lloyds Banking Group commence a customer facing trial.
- Network Rail Signly enable all their level crossing safety campaigns.
- Nominated a semi-finalist of the 2017 European Social Innovation Competition – Equality Rebooted. One of 30 semi-finalists chosen from nearly 800 entries from across Europe.
- Jodi Awards 2017 winner in partnership with The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre.
- Heritage in Motion Awards 2017 Special Mention.
- European Social Innovation Competition 2017 Finalist.
- Winner of Network of the Financial Innovation Awards 2017 for Best Financial Inclusion or Outreach Initiative for Lloyds Banking Group in partnership with Signly.
In the News
Lloyds Press Release